BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Two senior citizens are dead after they were ejected from a 2018 Nissan Altima during a high impact crash at the intersection of La Chalet Boulevard and Stonehaven Drive in Boynton Beach.
According to PBSO, Rosalind Lapenson, 80, and Irene Siegel, 82, were ejected from the rear of the Altima when it was struck by a 1997 Mercury Sable. Police say the Sable was traveling southbound on Military Trail approaching La Chalet when the Altima — driven by 89 year old Jerry Lapenson — turned left into its path.
The impact forced the Sable into a sign while the Altima turned around and came to rest “facing northwest in the eastbound turn lanes of La Chalet Blvd,” according to the police report.
No charges have been filed. The investigation continues. The crash occurred around 7:30 p.m. on July 31st. The report was just released by the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT CLAIM: Local Dentist Pulls Wrong Teeth From Child
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Animal Abuse
- UPDATE: Thank You Grieco Ford Delray! My Explorer Was Replaced
- HURRICANE CENTER: Odette Forms, Expect Peter Later Today East Of Florida
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center