Tenet Hospital Group, Known Locally As “Palm Beach Health Network,” Updates Restrictions
Boca Raton Regional, Part Of Baptist Health, Also Updates Policy.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — As COVID-19 continues to ravage the region, area hospitals are updating visitor policies. West Boca Medical Center is returning to exceptionally strict rules and regulations for who is allowed to visit and when.
From West Boca Medical Center:
“Because of the increase of COVID-19 in the community, the Palm Beach Health Network will stop allowing most visitors into our hospitals. We are making these changes for the safety of our patients, physicians and staff.
Updated visitation guidelines:
Physical visitor(s) will be allowed, with review and approval by clinical leadership as follows:
- Patient in grave condition
- Patient at end of life
- Private duty caretakers
- Power of Attorney Representative – for decision making only
- Person undergoing outpatient test/procedure with accessibility needs
One visitor/care companion will be allowed per patient:
- Person undergoing elective surgery
- Obstetrics patients
- Pediatric patients
One visitor per day. Visitor must wear mask at all times and remain in the patient room.
Patients can feel free to use their personal device for virtual visits and phone calls. We are happy to assist as well.”
At Boca Raton Regional Hospital, part of the Baptist Health System, this policy is now in place:
”For the health and safety of our patients and staff, no visitors are allowed to accompany patients in the hospital or emergency department.
Elective surgery and outpatient procedure patients may be accompanied by one visitor who must remain in waiting room area, if capacity allows.
Labor & Delivery and Maternity patients may have one designated partner present at all times.
Exceptions will be made for oncology and special circumstances.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT CLAIM: Local Dentist Pulls Wrong Teeth From Child
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Animal Abuse
- UPDATE: Thank You Grieco Ford Delray! My Explorer Was Replaced
- HURRICANE CENTER: Odette Forms, Expect Peter Later Today East Of Florida
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center