Tenet Hospital Group, Known Locally As “Palm Beach Health Network,” Updates Restrictions
Boca Raton Regional, Part Of Baptist Health, Also Updates Policy.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — As COVID-19 continues to ravage the region, area hospitals are updating visitor policies. West Boca Medical Center is returning to exceptionally strict rules and regulations for who is allowed to visit and when.
From West Boca Medical Center:
“Because of the increase of COVID-19 in the community, the Palm Beach Health Network will stop allowing most visitors into our hospitals. We are making these changes for the safety of our patients, physicians and staff.
Updated visitation guidelines:
Physical visitor(s) will be allowed, with review and approval by clinical leadership as follows:
- Patient in grave condition
- Patient at end of life
- Private duty caretakers
- Power of Attorney Representative – for decision making only
- Person undergoing outpatient test/procedure with accessibility needs
One visitor/care companion will be allowed per patient:
- Person undergoing elective surgery
- Obstetrics patients
- Pediatric patients
One visitor per day. Visitor must wear mask at all times and remain in the patient room.
Patients can feel free to use their personal device for virtual visits and phone calls. We are happy to assist as well.”
At Boca Raton Regional Hospital, part of the Baptist Health System, this policy is now in place:
”For the health and safety of our patients and staff, no visitors are allowed to accompany patients in the hospital or emergency department.
Elective surgery and outpatient procedure patients may be accompanied by one visitor who must remain in waiting room area, if capacity allows.
Labor & Delivery and Maternity patients may have one designated partner present at all times.
Exceptions will be made for oncology and special circumstances.”
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRAFFIC: Roads To Close For July 4th Fireworks, DUI Patrols To Intensify
- BOYNTON BEACH BODY: Police Charge Delray Man With Murder
- Woman Airlifted After Fire At Century Village Boca Raton
- MISSING: This Teen Is Missing, South Florida Police Are Asking For Your Help
- Fatal Stabbing In Broward County, Police Ask For Tips
- KINGS POINT: Another Resident Arrested, This Time For DUI
- TRAVEL: Fewer Delays, Cancelations So Far At South Florida Airports
- WEST BOCA RATON: Cops Rescue Woman, Shoot Man In Head
- Man Severs Hand In Fireworks Accident, Hand, Man Transported To Hospital Separately