BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A man claims he was critically injured after buying art at the Lord and Taylor in Boca Raton’s Mizner Park.
In a lawsuit filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, attorneys for Curtis Rossband say the man purchased two “8 foot by 10 foot paintings which weighed approximately 40 pounds each.”
“After the purchase,” wrote attorneys, “Rossband was instructed by one of (the Lord and Taylor employees) to proceed to the loading dock, located in th back of the store, to load the painting into (his) vehicle. As Rossband made his way towards the loading dock, while carrying the heavy paintings, one of (Lord and Taylor employees) informed Rossband that customers are responsible for unloading their own purchased items from the loading dock and into their vehicles.”
Then, according to the suit, came the injury.
“Rossband attempted to step down from the loading dock. In doing so, Rossband slipped and fell backwards, striking his head on a piece of metal prior to his body landing hard on the slippery pavement, causing him serious injuries.”
Rossband seeks in excess of $30,000 — the statutory minimum for Palm Beach County circuit court.
He is represented by Fesner Petion at the law firm of Fesner Petion, P.A. In Avenutra.
Read the complete lawsuit below. If it does not appear, access the filing here.LORD-AND-TAYLOR
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- KNIFE FOUND IN STUDENT’S BAG AT DON ESTRIDGE BOCA RATON
- Boca Raton Dark Web Drug Dealer Sentenced
- Stalking Charge For Delray Beach “Marriage Professor” After Told To Leave Neighbor Alone
- North Broward County Man Dies In Motorcycle Crash
- Woman Sues Boca Raton Town Center Mall Over Louis Vuitton Bag Incident
- OUT: Redcon1 Founder, Federal Felon Aaron Singerman To Be Released From Prison
- Three Arrested In Yom Kippur Anti-Semitic Vandalism
- HURRICANE SEASON ENDS: HOW CLOSE WERE THE PREDICTIONS TO REALITY?
- Computer Issue Hampers Boca Raton Regional Hospital Wednesday