BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A man claims he was critically injured after buying art at the Lord and Taylor in Boca Raton’s Mizner Park.
In a lawsuit filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, attorneys for Curtis Rossband say the man purchased two “8 foot by 10 foot paintings which weighed approximately 40 pounds each.”
“After the purchase,” wrote attorneys, “Rossband was instructed by one of (the Lord and Taylor employees) to proceed to the loading dock, located in th back of the store, to load the painting into (his) vehicle. As Rossband made his way towards the loading dock, while carrying the heavy paintings, one of (Lord and Taylor employees) informed Rossband that customers are responsible for unloading their own purchased items from the loading dock and into their vehicles.”
Then, according to the suit, came the injury.
“Rossband attempted to step down from the loading dock. In doing so, Rossband slipped and fell backwards, striking his head on a piece of metal prior to his body landing hard on the slippery pavement, causing him serious injuries.”
Rossband seeks in excess of $30,000 — the statutory minimum for Palm Beach County circuit court.
He is represented by Fesner Petion at the law firm of Fesner Petion, P.A. In Avenutra.
Read the complete lawsuit below. If it does not appear, access the filing here.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Mask Mandate Extended For Palm Beach County Schools
- FLORIDA: 57 Die From COVID Thursday, Two From The Flu
- JetBlue Flight Makes Emergency Return To Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- BOCA RUDETON: How Fake Is That ”Service” Dog In The Aisle?
- Boca Raton Teen Charged With Homicide, DUI, Hit And Run
- SIRENS: Car Fire On I-95, Chemical Hazard At Trump’s Mar-A-Lago, Fight In Canyon Isles
- Another 66 Die From COVID In Florida As Palm Beach Schools Report 10,538 Cases
- UPDATE: Jeffrey Goolst Allegedly Held Gun To Head Of Home Healthcare Aide
- Home Sale Prices Skyrocketing In Boca Raton, Delray Beach