HHS: Nearly 2,000 Dead From COVID-19 Over Just One Week In Florida.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The COVID death situation in Florida is not getting better. Over the past seven days, at least 1,935 have died from COVID-19 in Florida hospitals, according the United States Department of Health and Human Services. The seven day death average in Florida is now 276.
The death data, part of the daily “COVID-19 reported patient impact and hospital capacity by state” report filed by HHS as a public document, also reveals that 1,930 adults were newly admitted to Florida hospitals on Tuesday for COVID-19 treatment.
The number of pediatric COVID admissions for on Tuesday is 104.
There are now at least 14,948 adults hospitalized for COVID-19 in Florida hospitals and medical facilities. The pediatric total is 229.
Intensive Care Units continue to be busy, with 3,353 COVID-19 patients, representing 33 percent of all ICU patients in the state.
The Florida Hospital Association says 18 percent of all hospitalized COVID patients, or 2,690, are so sick that they require ventilators to breathe.
At least 47 hospitals are reporting a critical staffing situation. 49 also expect a critical situation over the next seven days.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SWAT Storms Cortland Uptown Boca, Nabs Two On Weapons, Financial Crimes
- DOUNUGHT DISASTER: Krispy Kreme Sued In Palm Beach County After Critical Injury
- BOCA POLICE 911 CALL: WITNESS FEARED FOR CHILD IN CAR
- National Hurricane Center Still Monitoring System Far East Of Florida
- Pedestrian Struck By Brightline Train In Delray Beach
- WATCH VIDEO: BOCA RATON OFFICER PULLS PREGNANT WOMAN FROM CAR
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Being Watched East Of Florida, No Threat For Now
- Nine Students To Be Expelled From Palm Beach County Schools
- REMINDER: No Bags Permitted In Broward Schools This Week