Coconut Creek, Coral Springs Defendants Heading To Federal Prison.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BROWARD COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The United States Department of Justice says two local women engaged in a credit card scam, then spent $100,000 on cosmetics.
From DOJ in a media advisory:
Sheena Ceasar, 35, of Coconut Creek, and Dekita Bellamy, 37, of Coral Springs, were each sentenced by U.S. District Judge Roy K. Altman to terms of imprisonment of 44 months and 32 months, respectively, with each term of imprisonment to be followed by three years of supervised release. Judge Altman ordered forfeiture and restitution of $82,151.50 as to Ceasar and $94,968 as to Bellamy. Both defendants previously pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit access device fraud and aggravated identity theft, as charged in an indictment.
Bellamy and Ceasar carried out the conspiracy by purloining personally identifiable information (PII) of unsuspecting victims, including names, social security numbers, and dates of birth, to apply for and receive credit cards. In addition to using the credit cards to purchase cosmetic services for themselves, defendants reaped ill-gotten gains by supplying the cards to co-conspirators so they could purchase expensive cosmetic services in exchange for a fee, which was typically half the value of the desired service. Seven other co-conspirators have been charged with, and pleaded guilty to, federal felonies in connection with this criminal activity:
- Shenika Denise Myers, 37, of Lauderhill, Florida pleaded guilty on September 3, 2021 to aggravated identity theft and is awaiting sentencing.
- Sayyada Samira Whiters, 33, of Coconut Creek, Florida, pleaded guilty on August 13, 2021 to conspiracy to commit access device fraud and aggravated identity theft and is awaiting sentencing.
- Trenasha Lashay Johnson, 36, of Cape Coral, Florida pleaded guilty to August 3, 2021 to conspiracy to commit access device fraud and aggravated identity theft and is awaiting sentencing.
- Janiqua Oliphant, 31, of Fort Lauderdale, Florida pleaded guilty to aggravated identity theft and was sentenced on October 14, 2020 to 24 months’ imprisonment.
- Sheena White, 35, of Pompano Beach, Florida pleaded guilty to aggravated identity theft and was sentenced on September 24, 2020 to 24 months’ imprisonment.
- Nikki Butler, 40, of Pompano Beach, Florida pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit access device fraud and was sentenced on September 15, 2020 to time served with 3 years of supervised release that included 360 days of home detention.
- Lucretia Ford, 31, of Coconut Creek, Florida pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit access device fraud and was sentenced on June 3, 2020 to 3 years’ probation.
Juan Antonio Gonzalez, Acting United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida, and Brian Swain, Special Agent in Charge, United States Secret Service (USSS), Miami Field Office, made the announcement. USSS Miami investigated the cases, with assistance from the Fort Lauderdale Police Department. Assistant U.S. Attorney David A. Snider is prosecuting the cases.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SCAM? Cops Bust Contractor, Ask Potential Palm Beach County Victims To Call
- Man Pleads Guilty To Hacking iCloud Accounts In Florida Court
- Guilty Plea For Boca Raton Woman Charged With DUI After I-95 Crash
- SCARY VIDEO: Two Thugs Rob Domino’s Worker At Gunpoint Near Boca Raton
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued After Woman Allegedly Falls
- BOYNTON COPS: 11-Time Convicted Felon Charged With Shooting At Three
- Palm Beach County Schools Closed Friday
- Near Boca Raton, Man Dies Next To Dumpster — Cops Think Hit And Run
- Brianna Tanner, 20, Killed In Boca Raton Crash