BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — There are several social media apps sharing posts today that a body was pulled from a canal in West Boca Raton early this morning. People claim to have seen the body. A jogger apparently touched the body. Then someone knows someone who thinks the body was a mannequin but now thinks it’s a human body, and it goes on, and on, and on. As is often the case with social media, the posts are inaccurate and apparently designed to frighten people, or just serve as a place for the incompetent to communicate with the delusional.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office confirms to BocaNewsNow.com that there were no reports of a body being found in or near a canal in the area of Boca Rio near the Turnpike at any point today. Palm Beach County Fire Rescue did not respond to any calls involving a dead body in West Boca Raton.
The apps in question, including the “Ring” doorbell app, make no effort to fact check. They are full of misinformation posted by users who largely have no idea what they are talking about. Remember that when other users post inane comments like “I heard gunshots!” or “There is a helicopter overhead!”
If you seek facts, we encourage you to rely on legitimate news operations, like BocaNewsNow.com, or just call the police and ask. If you see a body, we suggest calling the police instead of posting about it. If you see a helicopter, well, we suggest not standing on the landing pad.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Federal Trial Set For March In Seven Bridges Delray Discrimination Case
- FREE MONEY! Palm Beach County Tax Collector Releases Latest Unclaimed Funds Report
- Connecticut Man Claiming He Was Coming From Mar-A-Lago Arrested In Boca Raton
- Missing Child Found In Broward County, Reunited With Family
- RODENT DROPPINGS AT ANTHONY’S COAL FIRED PIZZA LEADS TO FORCED CLOSURE
- REMINDER: School Boundary Meeting Tonight, Middle, High School Students May Be Moving
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella