BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Christmas Eve shooting in West Boca Raton followed an argument between two neighbors over loud music.
Now, Zachary Moncada of 10577 Sleepy Brook Way in West Boca Raton is in the Palm Beach County Jail — facing first degree premeditated homicide, two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, three counts of battery, and one count of ”weapons offense — use firearm during felony.”
“Deputies responded to a shooting in the 10600 block of Shady Pond Lane, unincorporated Boca Raton. Upon arrival, deputies observed two Hispanic men holding down the suspect, Zachary Moncada in the front yard.
Moncada was turned over to deputies while they conducted their investigation. Deputies learned Moncada had shot the victim in the back over loud music. The victim’s family was able to hold the suspect, Moncada, down and disarm him as he fought them and fired an additional round into the ground. The victim was transported to West Boca Medical Center by his wife where he is currently in stable condition.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Real Estate Agent Held On $200,000 Bond
- Several Boca Raton Area Elementary Schools Show Declines In Spring FSAs
- Eight Years In Federal Prison For Seven Bridges Resident
- WE ASK: Could Donald Trump Be Baker Acted In Florida?
- TRAFFIC: Major Projects Continuing In, Around Boca Raton
- TROPICAL TROUBLE: Three Systems Growing, Potential Cyclone Likely To Develop
- Boynton Man Sues Marriott, Child Injured At Gaylord Palms
- Delray Beach Woman Jailed On Drug, Vehicle Violations
- DEVELOPING: Woman With Multiple Gunshot Wounds Found, Dies