BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Christmas Eve shooting in West Boca Raton followed an argument between two neighbors over loud music.
Now, Zachary Moncada of 10577 Sleepy Brook Way in West Boca Raton is in the Palm Beach County Jail — facing first degree premeditated homicide, two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, three counts of battery, and one count of ”weapons offense — use firearm during felony.”
“Deputies responded to a shooting in the 10600 block of Shady Pond Lane, unincorporated Boca Raton. Upon arrival, deputies observed two Hispanic men holding down the suspect, Zachary Moncada in the front yard.
Moncada was turned over to deputies while they conducted their investigation. Deputies learned Moncada had shot the victim in the back over loud music. The victim’s family was able to hold the suspect, Moncada, down and disarm him as he fought them and fired an additional round into the ground. The victim was transported to West Boca Medical Center by his wife where he is currently in stable condition.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Three Arrested In Yom Kippur Anti-Semitic Vandalism
- HURRICANE SEASON ENDS: HOW CLOSE WERE THE PREDICTIONS TO REALITY?
- Computer Issue Hampers Boca Raton Regional Hospital Wednesday
- Boca Raton Woman Arrested After Incident Outside Renzo’s Pizza
- Woodfield Country Club Homeowners Sue Neighbors For Fraud
- City Of Boca Raton Appoints New City Council Member
- SKETCH RELEASED: I-95 SHOOTING LEFT THREE INJURED, INCLUDING CHILD
- LAWSUIT: Avante Boca Raton Nursing Home Patient Breaks Leg After Hit By Cart
- That Really Was A Body By The Turnpike South Of Boca Raton