BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Copperfish Kitchen at Boca Raton Town Center Mall was cited by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation during an inspection on December 29th. Lots of flies, and a green, mold-like substance in the ice machine, caused concern for FLDBP.
From the report reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com, and inspector logged the following complaint verbatim:
“High Priority – Live, small flying insects in kitchen, food preparation area, food storage area and/or bar area. Approximately 5 live flies at bar walls in dining room Approximately 10 live flies on lights over oyster bar counter in dining room Approximately 10 live flies on wall in oyster bar in dining room Approximately 5 live flies at wall at doorway into kitchen Approximately 5 live flies on wall in dish area across from cookline Approximately 5 live flies on ceiling over cookline expo line.”
The restaurant was not shut down. An inspection carried out later in the day revealed that the fly situation had been resolved, but two basic violations were recorded:
“Basic – – From initial inspection : Basic – Equipment in poor repair. At walk in cooler gaskets, torn repaired with tape. – From follow-up inspection 2021-12-29: **Time Extended**”
And, “Basic – – From initial inspection : Basic – Accumulation of black/green mold-like substance in the interior of the ice machine/bin. – From follow-up inspection 2021-12-29: **Time Extended**”
The restaurant, at 5250 Town Center Circle #143, remains open.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.
- REMINDER: School Resumes Across Palm Beach County On Monday
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TROUBLE: COMPUTER PROBLEMS ON BUSY TRAVEL DAY
- POLICE: Boynton Woman “Emotionally Unstable” When Attacked Boyfriend
- ZINGER’S DELI BOCA RATON: 27 VIOLATIONS LOGGED BY STATE INSPECTOR
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County School Choice Deadline Approaching