BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Most people find spreadsheets, tax information, and public records boring. But not Palm Beach County Clerk of Court Joseph Abruzzo. His office just won the “triple crown.”
His office released the following advisory on Monday:
North America’s leading association for government finance experts has awarded the Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller the Triple Crown, one of its highest honors, for providing residents of Palm Beach County clear information about their tax dollars.
For the ninth consecutive year, the Clerk’s office has earned top recognition for three separate awards by the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA). These awards are given to government organizations who meet the GFOA’s highest standards for excellence in financial reporting and public transparency.
Each year, the Clerk’s office releases in-depth financial reports outlining how taxpayer dollars are managed, invested and spent. The reports include:
- Checks & Balances: Your Guide to County Finances, an easy-to-read guide that outlines in simple and straightforward terms where County tax dollars go.
- The Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, an in-depth accounting of County finances, revenue and spending.
- The Clerk’s Annual Budget Report, a detailed and transparent overview of the office’s budget and spending.
“Financial reports that are clear and easy to read help residents and taxpayers of Palm Beach County understand how their tax dollars are used to pay for County services,” said Joseph Abruzzo, Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller for Palm Beach County. “These three awards show our office is dedicated to serving the public with the highest level of transparency and financial responsibility.”
The Clerk’s office joins a distinguished group of government agencies across the United States and Canada to receive all three of the GFOA’s top honors.
The Clerk’s office earned the association’s “Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting” for the Fiscal Year 2020 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report; the “Outstanding Achievement in Popular Annual Financial Reporting” award for the Fiscal Year 2020 Checks & Balance guide; and the “Distinguished Budget Presentation Award” for the Fiscal Year 2021 Annual Budget Report.
These financial reports can be viewed, downloaded and shared through the County Financial Information section of the Clerk’s website at www.mypalmbeachclerk.com/countyfinances.
The GFOA is an independent professional association, whose best practice guidelines are considered the gold standard in public finance. Founded in 1906, the association represents more than 20,000 government and public finance officials throughout the United States and Canada.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SCAM: Boca PD Says It Is Not Selling Shirts
- DEATH WATCH: COVID Claims Another 78 Saturday In Florida Hospitals
- BREAKING: TORNADO WARNING IN EFFECT FOR PALM BEACH COUNTY
- BREAKING: TORNADO WATCH IN EFFECT
- “MY SON STABBED ME!” Boca Raton Man Jailed For Attempted Murder
- SIRENS: Assaults In Delray Beach, Sick On I-95, Dead On The Intracoastal
- BREAKING: Adult Dead, Two Children Critical Following Boat Crash On Intracoastal
- At Least 71 Die From COVID In Florida Hospitals Friday
- Boca Raton’s Chris Evert, Tennis Superstar, Announces Cancer Diagnosis