Sources: Woman Sets Fire, Walks Out Of Home.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Firefighters late Monday afternoon responded to the 8900 block of Warwick Drive in Boca Raton for the report of an apartment structure fire. Warwick is near Lyons and Glades.
Sources tell BocaNewsNow.com that a neighbor saw Ann Potter leave the multi-family unit in which she lives, and moments later saw smoke rising from the building. Firefighters arriving on the scene saw light smoke.
Upon entering the building, Palm Beach County Fire Rescue workers determined that where there’s smoke, there’s fire, and the fire seemed to be set intentionally. An investigator responded to the scene and has initially determined the cause of the fire to be “arson.”
Ann Potter was located and arrested. She was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail at 12:01 Tuesday morning and charged with first-degree arson. There were no reported injuries and the ultimate extent of damage was not immediately clear. The Palm Beach County Clerk of Court reports that Ann Marie Potter has no criminal history in Palm Beach County.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Woman Dies In Crash Near Bocaire Country Club
- Corey Zeidman, Boca Raton Poker Pro, Indicted On Federal Fraud Charges
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH: ANOTHER HOMEOWNER HEADS TO FEDERAL PRISON
- BREAKING: TWO DEAD IN FIREY CRASH ON I-95, ROAD CLOSED
- Tri-Rail Train Hits, Kills Pedestrian Late Wednesday Morning In South Florida
- If You’re Looking For Kelley McIsaac, She’s In Jail, And We Know Why
- Tri-Rail Service Resumes Following Massive System Failure
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County Public School Year Ends Thursday
- Train Strikes, Kills Man South Of Boca Raton, Roads Closed