Sources: Woman Sets Fire, Walks Out Of Home.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Firefighters late Monday afternoon responded to the 8900 block of Warwick Drive in Boca Raton for the report of an apartment structure fire. Warwick is near Lyons and Glades.
Sources tell BocaNewsNow.com that a neighbor saw Ann Potter leave the multi-family unit in which she lives, and moments later saw smoke rising from the building. Firefighters arriving on the scene saw light smoke.
Upon entering the building, Palm Beach County Fire Rescue workers determined that where there’s smoke, there’s fire, and the fire seemed to be set intentionally. An investigator responded to the scene and has initially determined the cause of the fire to be “arson.”
Ann Potter was located and arrested. She was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail at 12:01 Tuesday morning and charged with first-degree arson. There were no reported injuries and the ultimate extent of damage was not immediately clear. The Palm Beach County Clerk of Court reports that Ann Marie Potter has no criminal history in Palm Beach County.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Century Village Resident Jailed, Allegedly Stole $30K From Football League
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him
- Son Of Palm Beach County School Board Member Back In Jail
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW