Sources: Woman Sets Fire, Walks Out Of Home.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Firefighters late Monday afternoon responded to the 8900 block of Warwick Drive in Boca Raton for the report of an apartment structure fire. Warwick is near Lyons and Glades.
Sources tell BocaNewsNow.com that a neighbor saw Ann Potter leave the multi-family unit in which she lives, and moments later saw smoke rising from the building. Firefighters arriving on the scene saw light smoke.
Upon entering the building, Palm Beach County Fire Rescue workers determined that where there’s smoke, there’s fire, and the fire seemed to be set intentionally. An investigator responded to the scene and has initially determined the cause of the fire to be “arson.”
Ann Potter was located and arrested. She was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail at 12:01 Tuesday morning and charged with first-degree arson. There were no reported injuries and the ultimate extent of damage was not immediately clear. The Palm Beach County Clerk of Court reports that Ann Marie Potter has no criminal history in Palm Beach County.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County
- Boca Raton YMCA Situation Monday Was Not Criminal
- I-95 Reopens In Broward County After 18-Hour Closure
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Forming In Atlantic…In December!
- Palm Beach County School District Set To Expel Six Students
- CRANE COLLAPSES ON I-95, SHUTTING DOWN INTERSTATE, MASSIVE DELAYS
- Amex Sues Palm Beach County Man Over $272K Unpaid Bill
- West Boca Raton Shooting Victim Identified