SUIT: Resident Tried Twice To Burn Down Condo Complex, Flooded Unit, Also Entered Another Home And Said, “It Smells Good!”
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Boca Lakes Condominium Association wants Ann Potter out. The resident of 8916 Warwick Drive was arrested Monday and charged with arson after allegedly trying to burn down her apartment building earlier in the day. It was the second time she apparently tried to do this — she also is accused of setting a fire on February 12th.
In both cases, firefighters and investigators arrived to find significant smoke, but no flames.
The alleged arson follows a bizarre incident on February 7th. According to a lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, Potter “entered into a neighbor’s residence and sat in her recliner chair in her family room. When Potter was asked who she was, how did she get in and why she was there, she responded that it smells really good in here.”
The suit also claims that Potter, “is purposely running water in her Unit that leaks into and floods the adjoining units, as these units share common walls. Once water is flooding the adjoining units, Potter refuses to shut off the water until she decides to, refuses to answer the door and otherwise respond to any requests to have her stop running water indiscriminately.”
The Condo Association seeks to have Potter removed from the property — and strongly encourages her to receive mental health care.
Boca Lakes is just south of Glades Road, just east of Lyons Road.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 At Yamato To Close In Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Cited For Ten Violations During Health Inspection
- SEVEN BRIDGES HOMEOWNER WITH LACERATED NECK WAS FOUND COVERED IN WHITE POWDER
- TODAY: Diverging Diamond Opens At Glades Road And I-95 In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed, Allegedly Pointed Gun At Man, Bit Him On Neck
- FINAL COUNTDOWN: GLADES ROAD REMAINS CLOSED, DIVERGING DIAMOND OPENS MONDAY
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED: FATAL CRASH SOUTH OF BOCA RATON
- Man Killed, Shot Multiple Times According To Police
- Way Beyond Bagels Delray Says Eviction Notice Wrong Due To Rat Infestation