Shaft Sheared. Disaster Averted.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A bridge in Delray Beach is closed to vehicular traffic until further notice. Palm Beach County issued this advisory at 9:15 a.m. Friday:
“George Bush Bascule Bridge, located between Southeast 15th Street and Atlantic Avenue crosses the Intracoastal Waterway in Delray Beach, experienced a malfunction during an opening deeming the bridge inoperable (locked in the “span open” position – no vehicular traffic).
Bridge staff has been notified and is actively working to correct the issue since Thursday, March 3rd at 9:30 p.m. when this first became evident.
Crews secured the bridge and worked through the night and will continue through the weekend to rectify the issue.
Further investigation has determined that the shaft sheared in two pieces. The repair process will cause the bridge to remain out of service to vehicular traffic, essentially closing the roadway, for a duration (unknown at this time) of the repair.
A Traffic MOT – closure/detour is being ordered and will be setup until the bridge returns to full operation.”
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County
- Boca Raton YMCA Situation Monday Was Not Criminal
- I-95 Reopens In Broward County After 18-Hour Closure
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Forming In Atlantic…In December!
- Palm Beach County School District Set To Expel Six Students
- CRANE COLLAPSES ON I-95, SHUTTING DOWN INTERSTATE, MASSIVE DELAYS
- Amex Sues Palm Beach County Man Over $272K Unpaid Bill
- West Boca Raton Shooting Victim Identified