Suspect Lives In Allure By Windsor Apartments.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
UPDATE: July 30, 2022: The kidnap and sexual battery charges filed against Mr. Da Silva were ultimately not prosecuted, but Mr. Da Silva did plead guilty to aggravated battery on a pregnant person.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Charges including kidnap and assault are now filed against a Boca Raton man who was taken into custody Saturday morning.
Elias DaSilva, who lives in the Allure Apartments at 6780 Congress Avenue in Boca, is officially charged with, “kidnap, commit or facilitate the commission of a felony,” “sexual assault — sexual battery on a person 18 years of age or older by a person 18 years of age or older,” and “aggravated battery — offender knew or should have known the victim was pregnant.”
While the arrest report continues to be processed by the Palm Beach County Clerk of Courts, the Palm Beach County Jail tells BocaNewsNow.com that DaSilva was locked up at 7:19 Saturday morning and is being held without bond. Boca Raton Police made the arrest.
DaSilva was arrested on DUI and reckless driving charges in 2018. The DUI charge was ultimately dropped. He was sentenced to probation for the reckless driving charge.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Child Nearly Drowns At Lotus Swimming Pool In West Boca Raton
- Palm Beach County Real Estate Still Troubled, Sales And Listings All Over The Place
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Another Kings Point Delray Beach Resident Arrested, Now 17 In ‘23
- Luke Bryan To Support Palm Beach County Schools
- Major Crash Closes Alligator Alley, At Least One Dead
- Boca Raton Man Sued By Amex, Owes $936,000 On Centurion Card
- Shooting In West Delray Beach Leaves One Man Critically Injured
- TROPICAL STORM WATCH: Philippe Approaches Land, National Hurricane Center Warning
- BOCA RATON FLOODING: Major Road Closed Due To High Waters Late Sunday Afternoon