Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office Investigating Boynton Beach Death.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Boynton Beach man accidentally hit the accelerator in his 2020 Lexus instead of the brake, lunging the vehicle into his housemate. She died.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office tells BocaNewsNow.com that Howard Frelich, 86, of 12787 Coral Lakes Drive was “backing southbound into his drive, while Ilene Kesselhaut was standing on the sidewalk next to the driveway. As Frelich was backing, he pressed the accelerator instead of the brake. The car drove up onto the sidewalk, striking Kesselhaut.”
“Freilich continued backing in a circle and came to rest in the driveway across the street from his residence,” added PBSO.
Investigators say that Kesselhaut, 78, was transported to Delray Medical Center where she died as a result of her injuries. Foul play is not considered as a cause and “this does not appear to be an intentional act.” Kesselhaut lists the same residential address as Frelich.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County
- Boca Raton YMCA Situation Monday Was Not Criminal
- I-95 Reopens In Broward County After 18-Hour Closure
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Forming In Atlantic…In December!
- Palm Beach County School District Set To Expel Six Students
- CRANE COLLAPSES ON I-95, SHUTTING DOWN INTERSTATE, MASSIVE DELAYS
- Amex Sues Palm Beach County Man Over $272K Unpaid Bill
- West Boca Raton Shooting Victim Identified