SUSPECT: “My Husband Took All My Money.”
POLICE: She Stole Clothes For Her Daughter Traveling To New York.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Boca Raton woman who lists her home address as a $3.1M home on Long Lake Drive in Long Lake Estates is accused of shoplifting $1,268 worth of clothing from Saks.
Deborah Engelhardt allegedly stole “knits costing approximately $220, Laperla costing approximately $315, Eberjey costing approximately $147, T-Shirt costing approximately $116, and Wolford costing approximately $228,” according to Boca Raton Police.
“After selecting the above items,” wrote the arresting officer, “Deborah Engelhardt proceeded to place the above items inside of her brown handbag purse. She then walked out of the main entrance doors where she undoubtedly passed all points of sale. After exiting the store, (security) made contact with Deborah outside.”
According to the police report, “Deborah confessed to stealing the above-mentioned items. Deborah advised that her daughter was going to be traveling to New York soon and wanted to give her new clothes.” Also wrote police: “Deborah stated ‘I don’t have any money because my husband took it all’.”
Deborah was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail for “grand theft” and was released on $3,000 bond — more than twice the value of the clothing she allegedly stole.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County
- Boca Raton YMCA Situation Monday Was Not Criminal
- I-95 Reopens In Broward County After 18-Hour Closure
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Forming In Atlantic…In December!
- Palm Beach County School District Set To Expel Six Students
- CRANE COLLAPSES ON I-95, SHUTTING DOWN INTERSTATE, MASSIVE DELAYS
- Amex Sues Palm Beach County Man Over $272K Unpaid Bill
- West Boca Raton Shooting Victim Identified