Car Slammed On Brakes Near Federal and Palmetto Park Road, Forcing Bus Driver To Make Emergency Stop.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The woman feared paralyzed following an incident on a Palm Tran Bus in Boca Raton Monday will make a full recovery.
As we reported late Monday afternoon, a woman on a Palm Tran bus fell and was feared to have sustained critical injuries as the bus driver slammed on the brakes on Federal Highway near Palmetto Park Road due to a traffic situation. BocaNewsNow.com has learned that the woman and her husband were standing on the bus when it all happened. Both apparently fell. The woman hit her head.
“The light turned green to yellow and a car in front of the bus stopped abruptly on the yellow, causing the bus driver to brake hard,” said an investigator.
Paramedics rushed to the scene and initially believed that the woman was paralyzed from the waist down. They transported her to Delray Medical Center where a doctor later told Boca Raton Police that she is expected to be fine. Her husband sustained no significant injuries. No charges or tickets were filed. The Palm Tran bus driver did nothing wrong, according to the investigation.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County
- Boca Raton YMCA Situation Monday Was Not Criminal
- I-95 Reopens In Broward County After 18-Hour Closure
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Forming In Atlantic…In December!
- Palm Beach County School District Set To Expel Six Students
- CRANE COLLAPSES ON I-95, SHUTTING DOWN INTERSTATE, MASSIVE DELAYS
- Amex Sues Palm Beach County Man Over $272K Unpaid Bill
- West Boca Raton Shooting Victim Identified