Happened Just Before 5:45 p.m. Sunday. Expect Police, Fire On Scene Into The Evening.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — DEVELOPING AT 5:55 p.m. — Palm Beach County Fire Rescue is on the scene of a fuel leak at Wawa just west of 441 on Atlantic Avenue.
Initial reports suggest 15 gallons of unleaded fuel leaked onto the ground. That is enough for environmental experts to be called to the scene.
PBSO is also being called to control traffic in the area.
The gas station is on the Southwest corner of U.S. 441/SR7 and Atlantic Avenue. Our sources say the station will be closed until the fuel leak is cleaned up. Expect the scene to remain active into the evening. While 15 gallons may not seem like a lot, it’s enough for Florida’s Department of Environmental Resources and other agencies to be notified.
There are no streams or bodies of water in the immediate area.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County
- Boca Raton YMCA Situation Monday Was Not Criminal
- I-95 Reopens In Broward County After 18-Hour Closure
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Forming In Atlantic…In December!
- Palm Beach County School District Set To Expel Six Students
- CRANE COLLAPSES ON I-95, SHUTTING DOWN INTERSTATE, MASSIVE DELAYS
- Amex Sues Palm Beach County Man Over $272K Unpaid Bill
- West Boca Raton Shooting Victim Identified