BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A homeowner in the upscale West Boca Raton community of Lotus just traded her home for a temporary stay in the Palm Beach County Jail.
Kimberly Schrier, of the 8500 block of Dearborn River Way in Lotus, was arrested Friday by the Delray Beach Police Department. She is charged with “larceny — grand theft (of) more than $750 (but) less than $5,000.” She was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail at 3:17 p.m.
It was not immediately clear what Schrier is accused of stealing, or where the theft is alleged to have occurred. Lotus is in the jurisdiction of the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office. Delray Beach Police, the arresting agency, only has jurisdiction in the City of Delray Beach.
Schrier and her husband purchased their Lotus home for $1,298,773 in February. Real Estate expert Zev Friedus says that’s on the low end of what’s currently available in the community, where five homes are listed in Lotus Boca Raton and are priced from $1.8M to $3.6M.
Schrier’s bond is set at $3,000.
UPDATE: Ms. Schrier posted bond shortly before midnight and was released. Court dates are pending.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boynton Police Nab Juvenile Attacker, Ask For Other Victims To Come Forward
- Water Rescue At Kings Point After Man Falls In Lake
- KINGS POINT DELRAY: Another Resident Arrested
- Boca Raton’s Alisa Catoggio Pleads Guilty To $40M Federal Kickback Scheme
- COPS ON SCENE: Double Shooting South Of Boca Raton
- SMELL SMOKE? Don’t Worry About It, There’s A Controlled Burn
- ALLIGATOR ALLEY SHOOTING: Police Seeks Suspect, Ask Public For Tips
- ALERT: Palm Beach County COVID Risk Spikes
- EXTREMELY DRUNK: Cops Say Boca Raton Man Three Times Limit