BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Boynton Beach man apparently learned that trying to escape from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office doesn’t tend to work out well.
Dale Davant of Wincy Circle in Boynton Beach was in the process of being arrested overnight for felony battery when records reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com indicate he tried to take off.
It was not immediately clear how far he got. But booking information provided by the Palm Beach County Jail suggests he was moderately successful — if only for a few moments. In addition to the “battery” charge, Davant is now also charged with “resisting an officer without violence” and “escape — prisoner escape or attempted escape.”
Wincy was booked into jail at 1:11 Monday morning. He is, perhaps unsurprisingly, being held without bond as of 8:45 a.m. He will be arraigned later Monday.
Check back for updates once the affidavit of probable cause is processed by the Palm Beach County Clerk of Courts.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road Now Completely Closed Until Monday Morning
- LYONS ROAD NIGHTMARE, CONSTRUCTION LIKELY TO CONTINUE INTO SUMMER
- STRANGER THINGS: Man With Slit Neck Found On Seven Bridges Tennis Court
- BOCA RATON: COMPLETE GLADES ROAD CLOSURE STARTS TONIGHT
- North Broward Crash Leaves One Person Dead, Circumstances Investigated
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Second Arrest Of Year Is Battery Charge
- Nursing School Scam Leads To Indictments For Palm Beach County Residents
- Life In Prison For Best Buy Delivery Man Who Killed, Burned Boca Raton Woman
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY $7M FEDERAL DISCRIMINATION TRIAL EXPECTED IN MARCH