BY: WEATHER TEAM | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — It’s not exactly abnormal this time of year, but be advised if you are out and about late this afternoon or this evening: there is a flood watch in effect for South Palm Beach County.
The extreme levels of rain recorded over the weekend from what is now Tropical Storm Alex is still draining in many places, meaning new rainfall can be problematic.
From the National Weather Service:
…FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 645 PM EDT THIS EVENING…
* WHAT…Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is expected.
* WHERE…A portion of South Florida, including the following
county, Palm Beach.
* WHEN…Until 645 PM EDT.
* IMPACTS…Minor flooding in low-lying and poor drainage areas.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…
– At 439 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rains due to
thunderstorms moving slowly northeast across the southeastern
portion of Palm Beach County. Rainfall amounts of 1 to 3
inches are possible with the storms. With the grounds already
saturated, any additional rainfall will lead to minor
flooding in the advisory area. If the rainfall amounts
increase more than forecast, then a Flash Flood Warning may
be needed for this area.
– Some locations that will experience flooding include…
Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, Highland Beach,
Ocean Ridge, Kings Point, Dunes Road, Whisper Walk, Village
Of Golf, Hamptons At Boca Raton, Mission Bay, Loxahatchee
NWR, Gulf Stream, Briny Breezes, Manalapan, Villages Of
Oriole, Morikami Park, Boca Raton Equestrian, Boca West and
Fau South Campus.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Now Three Waves Watched
- Saturnia Resident Charged With Deadly Weapon Offense
- Body Found In Boynton Beach Garage
- Woodfield Country Club Sued Over Flooded Car, Refuses To Pay Employee
- HURRICANE CENTER: Now 70 Percent Chance System Forms South of Florida
- Delray Beach Woman Arrested, DUI Hit And Run
- TWO SYSTEMS: Hurricane Center Watching Two Waves East, West Of Florida
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Wife Finds Husband With Hookers, Attacks
- Woman Speeding On Glades Road Arrested For DUI In Boca Raton