BY: WEATHER TEAM | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — It’s not exactly abnormal this time of year, but be advised if you are out and about late this afternoon or this evening: there is a flood watch in effect for South Palm Beach County.
The extreme levels of rain recorded over the weekend from what is now Tropical Storm Alex is still draining in many places, meaning new rainfall can be problematic.
From the National Weather Service:
…FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 645 PM EDT THIS EVENING…
* WHAT…Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is expected.
* WHERE…A portion of South Florida, including the following
county, Palm Beach.
* WHEN…Until 645 PM EDT.
* IMPACTS…Minor flooding in low-lying and poor drainage areas.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…
– At 439 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rains due to
thunderstorms moving slowly northeast across the southeastern
portion of Palm Beach County. Rainfall amounts of 1 to 3
inches are possible with the storms. With the grounds already
saturated, any additional rainfall will lead to minor
flooding in the advisory area. If the rainfall amounts
increase more than forecast, then a Flash Flood Warning may
be needed for this area.
– Some locations that will experience flooding include…
Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, Highland Beach,
Ocean Ridge, Kings Point, Dunes Road, Whisper Walk, Village
Of Golf, Hamptons At Boca Raton, Mission Bay, Loxahatchee
NWR, Gulf Stream, Briny Breezes, Manalapan, Villages Of
Oriole, Morikami Park, Boca Raton Equestrian, Boca West and
Fau South Campus.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CLAIM: Redcon1 Founder, Federal Felon Aaron Singerman To Be Released From Prison
- Three Arrested In Yom Kippur Anti-Semitic Vandalism
- HURRICANE SEASON ENDS: HOW CLOSE WERE THE PREDICTIONS TO REALITY?
- Computer Issue Hampers Boca Raton Regional Hospital Wednesday
- Boca Raton Woman Arrested After Incident Outside Renzo’s Pizza
- Woodfield Country Club Homeowners Sue Neighbors For Fraud
- City Of Boca Raton Appoints New City Council Member
- SKETCH RELEASED: I-95 SHOOTING LEFT THREE INJURED, INCLUDING CHILD
- LAWSUIT: Avante Boca Raton Nursing Home Patient Breaks Leg After Hit By Cart