BY: WEATHER TEAM | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Expect strong storms tonight and over the next several days, according to forecasters at the National Weather Service.
As a flood watch continues for the area, the official forecast calls for strong thunderstorms Saturday night, with repeat performances throughout the week. The forecast isn’t surprising for most people, but — as we reported earlier — some in South Florida are truly surprised that it’s warm and wet. It’s a very good read.
Here is the Saturday early evening update from the National Weather Service:
National Weather Service Advisory
Thunderstorms: Isolated thunderstorms are still possible this evening. Primary impacts from the storms will be lightning strikes and heavy rainfall.
Flooding: Torrential rainfall from showers and thunderstorms across saturated South Florida could lead to flooding,especially over the east coast metro. A Flood Watch is in effect for the east coast metro and coastal regions.
.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN…SUNDAY THROUGH FRIDAY
Scattered to numerous showers and thunderstorms will remain possible every day through Sunday. The strongest storms may produce gusty winds, heavy rainfall and lightning strikes.
Heavy rainfall will continue to be a concern for South Florida due to slow moving showers and thunderstorms. This could lead to some flooding concerns over South Florida, as the grounds are very saturated at this time especially over the east coast.
An elevated risk of rip currents will be possible next week at the Atlantic coast beaches.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.
- REMINDER: School Resumes Across Palm Beach County On Monday
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TROUBLE: COMPUTER PROBLEMS ON BUSY TRAVEL DAY
- POLICE: Boynton Woman “Emotionally Unstable” When Attacked Boyfriend
- ZINGER’S DELI BOCA RATON: 27 VIOLATIONS LOGGED BY STATE INSPECTOR
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County School Choice Deadline Approaching