BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Northwest 2nd Street, in the area of the train tracks, is now closed. The closure is part of an ongoing project to prepare for a new Brightline train station.
The City of Boca Raton made the announcement with this advisory:
In preparation for the new Brightline Boca Raton station, the railroad crossing at NW 2nd St. in Boca Raton will close over the next few weeks as Brightline reconstructs the crossing.
The Boca Raton Station will be located on NW 1st Ave. across from Mizner Park. Detailed closure and detour information is below.
Boca Raton – Railroad Crossing at NW 2nd Street
Full road closure, 7 a.m., Saturday, June 18 to 7 p.m., Friday, July 8.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of the Train Station Gateway Beautification, NW 1st Avenue will be open for LOCAL TRAFFIC ONLY from NW 2nd Street north to NW 4th Street — along the western side of the railroad tracks.
Westbound NW 2nd St. traffic will be directed to travel south on Dixie Hwy. to Palmetto Park Rd., travel west on Palmetto Park Rd. to NW 2nd Ave. and travel north on NW 2nd Ave. to NW 2nd St.
Eastbound NW 2nd St. traffic will be directed to travel south on NW 2nd Ave. to NW 2nd St., travel east on Palmetto Park Rd. to Dixie Hwy. and travel north on Dixie Hwy. to NW 2nd St.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- I-95 Closures To Continue In Boca Raton As Major Detours, Closures Planned For This Week
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired