BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Another person has been killed by a Brightline Train.The latest death happened around 8:55 Wednesday morning in Lake Worth Beach.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office issued this statement:
“Deputies responded to a pedestrian vs Brightline train on the south bound FEC train track, just north of the intersection. The investigation revealed that for unknown reasons, the pedestrian was standing in between the north bound and south bound train tracks, facing to the north and did not move as the Brightline train was approaching resulting in the train striking the (male) pedestrian. The pedestrian was pronounced dead on scene. His identity is unknown at this time.”
PBSO reminds everyone to be smart when you’re around a train. The agency provided these reminders:
Here are some important safety tips from Operation Lifesaver, a national nonprofit focused on reducing grade crossing incidents and promoting rail safety.
- The train you see is closer and faster moving than you think.
- Be aware that trains cannot stop quickly.
- Never drive around lowered gates — it’s illegal and deadly.
- Do not get trapped on the tracks; proceed through a highway-rail grade crossing only if you are sure you can completely clear the crossing without stopping.
- If your vehicle ever stalls on the tracks, get out and get away from the tracks, even if you do not see a train. Locate the Emergency Notification System sign and call the number provided, telling them about the stalled vehicle.
- At a multiple track crossing waiting for a train to pass, watch out for a second train on the other tracks, approaching from either direction.
- When you need to cross train tracks, go to a designated crossing, look both ways, and cross the tracks quickly, without stopping. Remember it isn’t safe to stop closer than 15 feet from a rail.
- ALWAYS EXPECT A TRAIN!
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Audi Strikes, Kills Woman In North Broward County
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Wave Unlikely To Become Threat To South Florida
- Brightline Train Kills Another, This Time In Lake Worth Beach
- Valencia Reserve HOA Sues Over Lawn Killing Virus
- COPS: Delray Beach Mom Stabs Son With Scissors Over Cake Crumbs
- Brighton Beach Bagel Delray Beach Cited By Health Inspector
- Water May Taste Weird In Boynton Beach Later This Week
- FAU Awards Local Teachers For Holocaust Education Excellence
- TROPICAL WAVE EXPECTED TO GROW, POSSIBLE DEPRESSION LATER IN WEEK