BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A man was shot in the head by a PBSO Deputy who was part of a team rescuing a woman being held against her will. From PBSO:
“Shortly before 6:30 am, deputies responded to a welfare check in the 22000 block of Larkspur Trail in unincorporated Boca Raton. Upon arrival, deputies heard a female victim screaming for help. Deputies made forced entry into the residence and located a female victim who was being against her will at knife point by an adult male suspect. The suspect refused commands to drop the knife, fearing for the safety of the victim, a PBSO deputy discharged his department assigned firearm striking the suspect once in the head.
The female victim was transported to a local hospital for treatment where she is currently listed in stable condition. The suspect was transported to separate hospital where he is currently listed in critical condition.
The PBSO deputy involved in the shooting is currently on paid administrative leave which is standard department protocol.
FDLE (the lead investigators), PBSO Violent Crimes detectives and the State Attorney’s Office investigators are investigating this Deputy Involved Shooting further. Detectives from the Violent Crimes Division are investigating the incident involving the female victim. The suspect is facing the charges of Armed False Imprisonment and Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon (knife). Other charges are pending.”
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Connecticut Man Claiming He Was Coming From Mar-A-Lago Arrested In Boca Raton
- Missing Child Found In Broward County, Reunited With Family
- RODENT DROPPINGS AT ANTHONY’S COAL FIRED PIZZA LEADS TO FORCED CLOSURE
- REMINDER: School Boundary Meeting Tonight, Middle, High School Students May Be Moving
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella
- Woman Arrested For DUI IN Mizner Country Club Delray Beach
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?