BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A woman believed to be in her late 60s or early 70s was airlifted to St. Mary’s Medical Center Sunday night following a fire in the Fanshaw building at Century Village. The woman, according to sources connected to the emergency response, was found unresponsive in a condominium in Century Village. Her Carbon Dioxide levels were extremely high according to our sources. St. Mary’s, in West Palm Beach, has a hyperbaric chamber.
The fire was first reported around 8:10 p.m. Sources tell BocaNewsNow.com that first arriving firefighters originally found no fire visible, but quickly found smoke and the incapacitated woman. Rescuers had her out of the building in mere moments. What is believed to be an electrical fire was then found — it was quickly extinguished by Palm Beach County’s firefighting professionals.
TraumaHawk was dispatched to the scene and landed on the football field at Olympic Heights High School — just a few hundred yards from the fire scene on Lyons Road. The woman’s condition on arrival to St. Mary’s was unclear at 10 p.m. Sunday.
We have learned that an investigator was called to the fire scene in Century Village. The cause of the electrical fire is unknown.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella
- Woman Arrested For DUI IN Mizner Country Club Delray Beach
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County
- Boca Raton YMCA Situation Monday Was Not Criminal
- I-95 Reopens In Broward County After 18-Hour Closure
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Forming In Atlantic…In December!
- Palm Beach County School District Set To Expel Six Students