BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The City of Boca Raton is alerting all motorists to road detours and closures tonight as the ”Fabulous Fourth” Celebration gets underway. Expect traffic to be jammed in the area of Countess de Hoernle Park/Spanish River Blvd., while A1A will be CLOSED starting at the Deerfield Beach/City of Boca Raton line. Expect the detours, traffic and closures to continue throughout the night.
In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, unincorporated Palm Beach County and Broward County, expect major DUI saturation patrols throughout the night. Area police departments — always on the lookout for suspected drunk drivers — will be extra watchful throughout the evening. We remind all motorists that under “implied consent,” you are required to submit to a blood or breath alcohol test if you are stopped. You may lose your license if you refuse. BocaNewsNow.com will run all DUI arrests from July 4th as soon as they are processed.
The Fireworks Celebration in Boca Raton gets underway around 6 p.m. with fireworks later in the evening. The celebration in South County Regional Park also gets underway early in the evening, with fireworks well after dark.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is also reminding all that while fireworks are legal in Florida on July 4th, they may not be in your gated community. If your HOA or similar governing body prohibits fireworks, they remain prohibited on July 4th. HOA’s can fine, sanction, or swear out complaints against non-compliant residents which could result in civil or criminal action.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- KNIFE FOUND IN STUDENT’S BAG AT DON ESTRIDGE BOCA RATON
- Boca Raton Dark Web Drug Dealer Sentenced
- Stalking Charge For Delray Beach “Marriage Professor” After Told To Leave Neighbor Alone
- North Broward County Man Dies In Motorcycle Crash
- Woman Sues Boca Raton Town Center Mall Over Louis Vuitton Bag Incident
- OUT: Redcon1 Founder, Federal Felon Aaron Singerman To Be Released From Prison
- Three Arrested In Yom Kippur Anti-Semitic Vandalism
- HURRICANE SEASON ENDS: HOW CLOSE WERE THE PREDICTIONS TO REALITY?
- Computer Issue Hampers Boca Raton Regional Hospital Wednesday