PALM BEACH COUNTY: Should Parents Be Allowed To Be Parents If They Don’t Buckle Up Their Kids?
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — BocaNewsNow.com reported late last week that the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office was initiating a seatbelt and child carseat saturation patrol in Western Palm Beach County on Saturday. The areas of focus: West Boca Raton, West Delray Beach, West Boynton Beach, and other parts of unincorporated Palm Beach County. The results are somewhat surprising: there are a lot of what we will call “allegedly idiotic” drivers out there.
PBSO tells BocaNewsNow.com that in just a few hours of the saturation patrol, 201 traffic citations were issued. 106 traffic warnings were issued. 20 criminal citations were filed. And one person was taken into custody as part of a felony arrest. All stemming from seatbelt violations.
In Florida, seatbelt use is mandatory and you can be stopped if law enforcement sees you driving without a seatbelt. If your child isn’t properly belted, you may also face serious penalties but — most importantly — you should ask yourself if you really should be a parent if you aren’t safely securing your child in your car.
We are working on a list of names and addresses of those cited. Check back for updates.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward School District Calendar Changes To Make Up For “Hurricane Days”
- GLADES ROAD CLOSED: MAN SHOT, CRASHES CAR, BUT THERE’S A FLORIDA TWIST…
- REAL ESTATE DISASTER: Palm Beach County New Sales Plummet
- MAJOR DELAYS: I-95 Shut North Of Boynton Beach Due To Crash
- KNIFE FOUND IN STUDENT’S BAG AT DON ESTRIDGE BOCA RATON
- Boca Raton Dark Web Drug Dealer Sentenced
- Stalking Charge For Delray Beach “Marriage Professor” After Told To Leave Neighbor Alone
- North Broward County Man Dies In Motorcycle Crash
- Woman Sues Boca Raton Town Center Mall Over Louis Vuitton Bag Incident