PALM BEACH COUNTY: Should Parents Be Allowed To Be Parents If They Don’t Buckle Up Their Kids?
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — BocaNewsNow.com reported late last week that the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office was initiating a seatbelt and child carseat saturation patrol in Western Palm Beach County on Saturday. The areas of focus: West Boca Raton, West Delray Beach, West Boynton Beach, and other parts of unincorporated Palm Beach County. The results are somewhat surprising: there are a lot of what we will call “allegedly idiotic” drivers out there.
PBSO tells BocaNewsNow.com that in just a few hours of the saturation patrol, 201 traffic citations were issued. 106 traffic warnings were issued. 20 criminal citations were filed. And one person was taken into custody as part of a felony arrest. All stemming from seatbelt violations.
In Florida, seatbelt use is mandatory and you can be stopped if law enforcement sees you driving without a seatbelt. If your child isn’t properly belted, you may also face serious penalties but — most importantly — you should ask yourself if you really should be a parent if you aren’t safely securing your child in your car.
We are working on a list of names and addresses of those cited. Check back for updates.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Hurricane Center Watching Several Tropical Waves, Florida Under Control For Now
- LAWSUIT: Delray Dentist Claims Another Dentist Extracted Employees
- Kidnap, Weapon Charges Land Delray Beach Man In Jail
- Detectives Seek Missing Girl From North Broward County
- Another Bomb Threat, This Time Building In Delray Beach, Evacuations Underway
- Boca Raton Woman, 80, Ingests Wine, Marijuana Gummies, Hits Tree Says PBSO
- NEW TROPICAL SYSTEM: Forecasters Watching Developing Rain Event
- BOCA GROVE SUED: Country Club Allegedly Received Fraudulent Funds
- DELRAY POLICE: DUI Woman Laughs, Cries, Throws Self To Ground