VICTIM IDENTIFIED AS LESLY ULYSSE OF LAKE WORTH. ULYSSE ALLEGEDLY WALKED INTO TRAFFIC.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Christiano Castronova, 25, is the man police say struck and killed Lake Worth resident Lesly Ulyesse, then fled the scene until he was caught by police in unincorporated Boynton Beach Friday night. He lives in the 9700 block of Majestic Way in Boynton Beach.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, which immediately released victim and suspect information to the public, says Castronova was driving northbound on South Jog Road approaching the intersection of Lantana Road while ”changing lanes several times to pass slower traffic.” As Castronova approached Lantana Road, Lesly Ulysse allegedly walked into the intersection but not in a crosswalk, “violating Castronova’s right of way causing the subsequent collision.”
According to police, ”Castronova collided with Ulysse before driving past the victim, turning left and stopping for a brief time, then completing a U-Turn and traveling southbound on South Jog Road. Witnesses described the vehicle as a four door BMW passenger vehicle with front end damage to the front bumper, grill, and hood. As a result of the collision, Ulysse was fatally injured and pronounced deceased on the scene.”
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says Castronova was located in Boynton Beach at approximately 6:43 p.m. by deputies who detained him. He was charged with leaving the scene of a crash causing death and fleeing or attempting to flee a law enforcement officer.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward School District Calendar Changes To Make Up For “Hurricane Days”
- GLADES ROAD CLOSED: MAN SHOT, CRASHES CAR, BUT THERE’S A FLORIDA TWIST…
- REAL ESTATE DISASTER: Palm Beach County New Sales Plummet
- MAJOR DELAYS: I-95 Shut North Of Boynton Beach Due To Crash
- KNIFE FOUND IN STUDENT’S BAG AT DON ESTRIDGE BOCA RATON
- Boca Raton Dark Web Drug Dealer Sentenced
- Stalking Charge For Delray Beach “Marriage Professor” After Told To Leave Neighbor Alone
- North Broward County Man Dies In Motorcycle Crash
- Woman Sues Boca Raton Town Center Mall Over Louis Vuitton Bag Incident