BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Encore at Boca Raton, a nursing and rehabilitation center at 7300 Del Prado Circle South, is being sued after a resident became critically ill as workers allegedly did nothing. It is the latest suit against the facility. Read our previous coverage here.
Sylvia Miller, according to the suit, sustained significant weight loss due to malnutrition, dehydration, untreated urinary tract infections, and painful skin breakdowns due to the incompetence and negligence of workers at the facility. Her daughter, Sylvia Wiggins, is suing on her mother’s behalf.
The suit claims that “Miller was admitted to Encore for care and supervision relating to ongoing medical conditions and cognitive changes. Miller was at risk for preventable injuries including but not limited to skin breakdown, falls, wandering, infection, malnutrition and dehydration. During admission and at all times material, Miller was vulnerable and unable to are for (herself) and was dependent on facility staff for assistance performing (her) activities of daily living.”
Adds the suit, ”Encore at Boca Raton owed a duty to proved the reasonable care, supervision, and assistance that Miller needed while she was residing at the facility.”
Miller is represented by Attorney Dylan Hanson of Senior Justice Law Firm in Boca Raton. Hanson claims that Encore, among other issues, violated Florida statutes regarding care that must be provided by licensed healthcare facilities.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Live Roaches In Villa Rosano West Boca, Restaurant Shut By Inspector
- New Tropical System, Southwest Of Florida, Expected To Enter Gulf
- Woman Dies In Hospital Parking Lot After Being Shot In North Broward
- City Of Boynton Beach Says NO To Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office Takeover
- HURRICANE CENTER: System East Of Florida Is Nothing To Worry About
- DEAD MAN FOUND ON ROAD IN DELRAY BEACH, EXPECT DELAYS
- EVICTION: Club True Cigar Lounge In Boca Raton Sued, Owes Big Bucks
- Delray Beach Woman Stopped In Boca With Morphine, Cocaine, More…
- HURRICANE CENTER WATCHING NEW SYSTEM SOUTHEAST OF FLORIDA