BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Encore at Boca Raton, a nursing and rehabilitation center at 7300 Del Prado Circle South, is being sued after a resident became critically ill as workers allegedly did nothing. It is the latest suit against the facility. Read our previous coverage here.
Sylvia Miller, according to the suit, sustained significant weight loss due to malnutrition, dehydration, untreated urinary tract infections, and painful skin breakdowns due to the incompetence and negligence of workers at the facility. Her daughter, Sylvia Wiggins, is suing on her mother’s behalf.
The suit claims that “Miller was admitted to Encore for care and supervision relating to ongoing medical conditions and cognitive changes. Miller was at risk for preventable injuries including but not limited to skin breakdown, falls, wandering, infection, malnutrition and dehydration. During admission and at all times material, Miller was vulnerable and unable to are for (herself) and was dependent on facility staff for assistance performing (her) activities of daily living.”
Adds the suit, ”Encore at Boca Raton owed a duty to proved the reasonable care, supervision, and assistance that Miller needed while she was residing at the facility.”
Miller is represented by Attorney Dylan Hanson of Senior Justice Law Firm in Boca Raton. Hanson claims that Encore, among other issues, violated Florida statutes regarding care that must be provided by licensed healthcare facilities.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward School District Calendar Changes To Make Up For “Hurricane Days”
- GLADES ROAD CLOSED: MAN SHOT, CRASHES CAR, BUT THERE’S A FLORIDA TWIST…
- REAL ESTATE DISASTER: Palm Beach County New Sales Plummet
- MAJOR DELAYS: I-95 Shut North Of Boynton Beach Due To Crash
- KNIFE FOUND IN STUDENT’S BAG AT DON ESTRIDGE BOCA RATON
- Boca Raton Dark Web Drug Dealer Sentenced
- Stalking Charge For Delray Beach “Marriage Professor” After Told To Leave Neighbor Alone
- North Broward County Man Dies In Motorcycle Crash
- Woman Sues Boca Raton Town Center Mall Over Louis Vuitton Bag Incident