Palm Beach County Backups Lasted Much Of Morning… FHP Investigates….
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A 21-year-old man from Knoxville, Tennessee, apparently ran across I-95 early this morning only to be struck by an oncoming Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office vehicle. The unidentified man was killed, and I-95 was shut down for hours. The incident happened in the area of Okeechobee Boulevard. Traffic is returning to normal as of 11:13 a.m.
Florida Highway Patrol investigators released this statement around 11 a.m. Friday:
Vehicle One (V-1) (a Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office marked patrol vehicle) was traveling southbound on Interstate 95 (State Road 9), just north of State Road 704 (Okeechobee Boulevard), in the inside (HOV) lane. A pedestrian was running across the southbound lanes of Interstate 95 from west to east. As V-1 was traveling southbound, the pedestrian ran in front of V-1. V-1 was unable to stop in time. The pedestrian was struck by V-1 and suffered fatal injuries. The pedestrian was pronounced deceased at the scene. This case is pending investigation.
The patrol vehicle was driven by a man identified as a 46-year-old man from West Palm Beach. It is unclear if the vehicle was driven by a PBSO Deputy at the time of the crash.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Connecticut Man Claiming He Was Coming From Mar-A-Lago Arrested In Boca Raton
- Missing Child Found In Broward County, Reunited With Family
- RODENT DROPPINGS AT ANTHONY’S COAL FIRED PIZZA LEADS TO FORCED CLOSURE
- REMINDER: School Boundary Meeting Tonight, Middle, High School Students May Be Moving
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella
- Woman Arrested For DUI IN Mizner Country Club Delray Beach
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?