BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Boynton Beach Police Department is investigating what it is calling a “road rage” shooting in the area of 1400 West Boynton Beach Boulevard. That’s at roughly the intersection of Congress Avenue and Boynton Beach Boulevard. The shooting occurred Monday afternoon.
The Boynton Beach Police Department issued this statement just before 2 p.m. on Tuesday:
OFFICIAL BOYNTON BEACH POLICE STATEMENT
Boynton Beach Police were called to 1400 block of West Boynton Beach Blvd. at 3:45 P.M. Monday, where they found one man with an apparent gunshot wound to the chest. The shooting stemmed from a road rage incident that prompted the victim to exit his vehicle and confront the other party which ultimately led to the shooting.
The shooter and the victim pulled into a nearby parking lot awaiting police arrival. The victim was subsequently transported to the hospital with life threatening injuries. The shooter remained on scene and advised detectives he shot the victim in self-defense. Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to contact Det. J. Montoya at 561-742-6163.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward School District Calendar Changes To Make Up For “Hurricane Days”
- GLADES ROAD CLOSED: MAN SHOT, CRASHES CAR, BUT THERE’S A FLORIDA TWIST…
- REAL ESTATE DISASTER: Palm Beach County New Sales Plummet
- MAJOR DELAYS: I-95 Shut North Of Boynton Beach Due To Crash
- KNIFE FOUND IN STUDENT’S BAG AT DON ESTRIDGE BOCA RATON
- Boca Raton Dark Web Drug Dealer Sentenced
- Stalking Charge For Delray Beach “Marriage Professor” After Told To Leave Neighbor Alone
- North Broward County Man Dies In Motorcycle Crash
- Woman Sues Boca Raton Town Center Mall Over Louis Vuitton Bag Incident