BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
UPDATE: See the latest right here.
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — An unknown model of an electric car caught fire on I-95 northbound just south of Atlantic Boulevard around 8:50 p.m. Tuesday night. I-95 is now backed up — as of 9:10 p.m. — for quite a distance. The Florida Department of Transportation confirms that at least two northbound lanes are blocked.
It was not immediately clear if anyone was injured, the type of car involved, or whether it was the result of a crash. Multiple firefighting units are on the scene.
Southbound lanes do not appear to be affected. Check back for updates.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- NAKED TACO OWNER JAILED, ASSAULT WITH DEADLY WEAPON, CHILD ABUSE
- Child Nearly Drowns At Lotus Swimming Pool In West Boca Raton
- Palm Beach County Real Estate Still Troubled, Sales And Listings All Over The Place
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Another Kings Point Delray Beach Resident Arrested, Now 17 In ‘23
- Luke Bryan To Support Palm Beach County Schools
- Major Crash Closes Alligator Alley, At Least One Dead
- Boca Raton Man Sued By Amex, Owes $936,000 On Centurion Card
- Shooting In West Delray Beach Leaves One Man Critically Injured
- TROPICAL STORM WATCH: Philippe Approaches Land, National Hurricane Center Warning