BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — BocaNewsNow.com reported last week on the foreclosure proceedings initiated by the Loggers’ Run Homeowners Association over roughly $708 in unpaid maintenance fees. While HOA’s have the absolute authority to foreclose over even one dollar in unpaid fees or dues, rarely do we see foreclosure action under a few thousands dollars.
But Loggers’ Run is making a point, and homeowners of all communities should listen. It doesn’t matter how much you owe. If you do not pay your HOA fees, your HOA may take your home.
That’s the message the Logger’s Run HOA is sending again through a foreclosure lawsuit. According to the suit, homeowner Robin Chadwick was told multiple times to pay her maintenance fees but has not done so for her home in the 11600 block Quiet Waters Lane in West Boca. That gives her HOA authority to foreclose on the home she purchased for $394,000 in 2018.
The past due amount this time: $706.00 in past due maintenance fees, and $685 in legal fees added on to the past due amount. With recording costs and postage, the foreclosure lawsuit is for a grand total of $1430.04.
Loggers’ Run is represented by Attorney Michelle Montekio of the Tucker and Lokeinsky firm of Fort Lauderdale.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- City Of Boca Raton Appoints New City Council Member
- SKETCH RELEASED: I-95 SHOOTING LEFT THREE INJURED, INCLUDING CHILD
- LAWSUIT: Avante Boca Raton Nursing Home Patient Breaks Leg After Hit By Cart
- That Really Was A Body By The Turnpike South Of Boca Raton
- Lacrosse Coach Claims Kid Makes State Team, Allegedly Steals Registration Fee
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.