Boca Raton Community Continues Trend Of Low Value Foreclosures Where Legal Fees Near Past Due Amounts…
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The law firm of Tucker and Lokeinsky is earning its fees, one Loggers’ Run Foreclosure at a time. For the third time in two months, the firm has filed a suit against a Loggers’ Run homeowner over roughly $700 in past due maintenance fees and $700 in legal fees.
As BocaNewsNow.com has reported repeatedly, HOA’s in Florida have broad power to foreclose on homeowners for unpaid fees — whether $5.00 or $5,000. But rarely does BocaNewsNow.com see Palm Beach County Circuit Court filings where the legal fees are nearly as much as the alleged past-due amount — and the total amount is barely $1500.
In the latest Loggers’ Run filing, the HOA says Juan Velez owes $714 in past-due maintenance fees assessed between January of 2022 and July 12, 2022. Add to that $685 in legal fees, $21.20 in recording costs and $17.39 in postage, and you have a total of $1,437.59. The Loggers’ Run Homeowners Association is foreclosing on Valez’s home for that amount.
Valez lives in the 21700 block of Little Bear Lane in Boca Raton. He purchased the home in March of 2014 for $325,000. Loggers’ Run is represented by Attorney Michelle Montekio of Tucker and Lokeinsky.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- REMINDER: School Boundary Meeting Tonight, Middle, High School Students May Be Moving
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella
- Woman Arrested For DUI IN Mizner Country Club Delray Beach
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County
- Boca Raton YMCA Situation Monday Was Not Criminal
- I-95 Reopens In Broward County After 18-Hour Closure