BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
UPDATE: The situation is under control.
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Part of East Delray Beach Monday morning is shut down due to a major gas leak.
BocaNewsNow.com has learned that a contractor in the area of Northeast 5th Avenue and Atlantic Avenue in Delray Beach hit a gas line. That has resulted in a huge closure in the area along Atlantic due to the possible hazard. Rescuers from Delray Beach and Boca Raton are on the scene. It’s unclear how long it may take for the situation to stabilize.
While we have not heard of evacuations in the area, we do know that getting around in the area of Atlantic and 5th will be challenging for the foreseeable future. Reports to the BocaNewsNow.com newsroom suggest that you use NE Second Street to the north, and SE Second Street to the South may be the best routes to avoid the Atlantic Avenue closures.
This story first broke around 10 a.m. Check back for updates.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella
- Woman Arrested For DUI IN Mizner Country Club Delray Beach
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County
- Boca Raton YMCA Situation Monday Was Not Criminal
- I-95 Reopens In Broward County After 18-Hour Closure
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Forming In Atlantic…In December!