BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Palm Beach County resident Kemal Yaslowitz will spend 15 years in Federal Prison, and then another 15 under the watchful eyes of the United States Department of Justice.
The DOJ issued this announcement on Tuesday:
Kemal Yaslowitz, 50, of Lake Worth, has been sentenced to nine years in federal prison, followed by 15 years of supervised release, for possessing and distributing child pornography.
Yaslowitz spent months on a social media messenger application sharing images and videos of children being sexually abused. During an online chat, Yaslowitz sought to exchange child pornography with a user whom Yaslowitz believed shared his interests. Yaslowitz sent the user multiple videos of children being sexually abused.
Law enforcement investigated and arrested Yaslowitz. They determined that Yaslowitz stored hundreds of images of child pornography on his electronic devices and had shared 189 videos of child sexual abuse material on social media.
Juan Antonio Gonzalez, U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Florida, and Robert M. DeWitt, Acting Special Agent in Charge, FBI Miami announced the sentence imposed in West Palm Beach by U.S. District Judge Robin Rosenberg.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- REMINDER: School Boundary Meeting Tonight, Middle, High School Students May Be Moving
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella
- Woman Arrested For DUI IN Mizner Country Club Delray Beach
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County
- Boca Raton YMCA Situation Monday Was Not Criminal
- I-95 Reopens In Broward County After 18-Hour Closure