Ignore That Call Asking For Bond By Zelle… Scammer Targeting Palm Beach County…
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — If you receive an email or phone call asking you to bond-out a loved one or friend by Zelle, ignore it. That’s the warning from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office which issued this statement:
“BEWARE … there is an imposter calling members of the community and claiming to be an employee with Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office (using various different names). The victims are told that their incarcerated family member has a bond of $ 10,000 and to send 10% of the bond for their release. The victims are sent a pre-filled United States District Court Appearance Bond of Witness form which is emailed to them from email@example.com. This is NOT a Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office email The victims are then given information to various Zelle accounts to send the money.
THIS IS A SCAM! PBSO Employees DO NOT CALL or EMAIL for BOND MONEY (payment in ANY format for ANYTHING including; Bond payments) or ask for ANY personal Information.
If you receive a call or an email like this or any other SCAM, HANG UP and CALL PBSO non-emergency number at 561-688-3400, the nearest law enforcement agency or if necessary, call 911!”
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- REMINDER: School Boundary Meeting Tonight, Middle, High School Students May Be Moving
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella
- Woman Arrested For DUI IN Mizner Country Club Delray Beach
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County
- Boca Raton YMCA Situation Monday Was Not Criminal
- I-95 Reopens In Broward County After 18-Hour Closure