BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The investigation continues Tuesday morning into the suspicious white powder found in a mailbox in the West Delray Beach community of Saturnia Isles.
As BocaNewsNow.com reported exclusively Monday night, Palm Beach County Fire Rescue Special Operations and the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office responded en masse to Barletta Winds Point in Saturnia Isles after someone apparently found suspicious white powder in their mailbox. The find was confirmed by authorities who spent several hours on the scene.
Palm Beach County Fire Rescue updated BocaNewsNow.com Tuesday morning with this statement: “PBCFR and PBSO set up a Unified Command Post in handling this situation. As we do on every call of this type, PBCFR Special Operations Units collected and did initial field testing on the substance, and turned the scene over to PBSO. This remains an active investigation.”
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office told BocaNewsNow.com late Tuesday morning that the powder was harmless, but an investigation is now underway into who sent the powder — and why.
The scene was cleared several hours after Fire Rescue and PBSO arrived Monday night. There were no evacuations.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him
- Son Of Palm Beach County School Board Member Back In Jail
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW
- Fatal Shooting Under Investigation By Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office