Construction In West Boca Raton Nearly Completed. Barriers Set To Be Removed.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Clint Moore Road slowdowns near Lyons Road should come to an end later this week.
BocaNewsNow.com has learned that ongoing roadwork which spans from nearly U.S. 441 to the Florida Turnpike overpass is in the final stages of completion. Once an inspector signs off on the work, barriers will be removed and travel should proceed unfettered.
The road widening and paving — planned for nearly a year — became significantly more challenging for motorists than expected due to the colossal failure of a road expansion project on Lyons Road. The project, which came to a sudden stop in the spring due to an engineering issue, was supposed to be complete before the Clint Moore work began. However, the Lyons Road work restarted just as the Clint Moore paving was getting underway, leading to huge delays.
Motors complained that it often took more than half an hour to travel a little more than a mile heading westbound on Clint Moore Road during the afternoon rush.
The eastbound lanes of Clint Moore are now largely opened. The westbound lanes should be opened later this week with full barrier removal by the weekend.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- REMINDER: School Boundary Meeting Tonight, Middle, High School Students May Be Moving
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella
- Woman Arrested For DUI IN Mizner Country Club Delray Beach
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County
- Boca Raton YMCA Situation Monday Was Not Criminal
- I-95 Reopens In Broward County After 18-Hour Closure