GHOST SHIP: KAYAK FOUND NEAR KEY WEST. NO ONE INSIDE.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
KEY WEST, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The United States Coast Guard wants to know if you know anything about the kayak in the photo, above.
The kayak was found today roughly two miles south of Fort Zachary Taylor which is located on Howard England Way in Key West. There was no one inside, or apparently anywhere near the vessel. Investigators are concerned.
It’s unclear if the Coast Guard is looking at this as a potential rescue, recovery, if the kayak broke free and no one is in danger, or if foul play may be involved. For now, investigators just want to know anything that they can about the kayak.
If you have information, please reach out to Sector Key West Command Center at 305-292-8727.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Woodfield Country Club Homeowners Sue Neighbors For Fraud
- City Of Boca Raton Appoints New City Council Member
- SKETCH RELEASED: I-95 SHOOTING LEFT THREE INJURED, INCLUDING CHILD
- LAWSUIT: Avante Boca Raton Nursing Home Patient Breaks Leg After Hit By Cart
- That Really Was A Body By The Turnpike South Of Boca Raton
- Lacrosse Coach Claims Kid Makes State Team, Allegedly Steals Registration Fee
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday