BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A 22-year-old West Delray Beach resident is facing a DUI charge following his arrest late Saturday night by police in Palm Springs.
Robert Gawne, of the 15200 block of Waterleaf Lane in the new community of Dakota, was taken into custody around 11:15 p.m. Saturday. While the affidavit of probable cause continues to be processed, tickets reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com state that Gawne was stopped on Lake Worth Road, roughly 300 feet east of Urquhart Street.
The tickets indicate that Gawne was stopped for “careless driving” after a crash, but then an officer believed Gawne was driving under the influence. Gawne was asked to provide a breath sample, but he refused, according to police. That may lead to a license suspension under Florida’s implied consent law. He was booked into jail early Sunday morning and released later in the day on his own recognizance.
Gawne was driving a 2021 Black Honda four-door vehicle at the time of Saturday’s crash. Court records show that he was stopped in 2017 for careless driving on I-95 at Glades Road. Gawne ultimately entered a guilty plea and paid a $166 fine. He’s expected in court for the DUI charge in late December.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Air Traffic Slowed Along Eastern Seaboard, Balloon To Be Shot Down
- TRIAL SET IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH CASE, MAGISTRATE BLASTS HOA ATTORNEYS
- Shooting In Boca Reserve Not Criminal, According To Police
- Boca Raton Woman Faces Six Years In Federal Prison On Illegal Boating Indictment
- Boca Raton Man, On Moped, Killed In Crash
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Neglect After Toddler Abused, Images Uploaded
- Boca Raton Man Tries To Avoid, But Kills, Hollywood Man Illegally Crossing Street