Delray Beach “True Lacrosse” Coach Had Been Fired Before Seeking Money From Parents.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Delray Beach Lacrosse coach Mason Poage is accused of telling a parent that her son was selected for a “state” team, then allegedly stole the $1500 registration fee that she “Venmoed” to him for registration payment. The woman, who BocaNewsNow.com is not identifying, apparently did not know that Poage had been fired before the transaction.
Poage, a now former coach for “True Lacrosse,” allegedly perpetrated the fraud in May of 2022. The victim apparently realized she was being swindled when she told her husband of the fee. He also coached Lacrosse which was supposed to make their son exempt from all registration fees.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office launched an investigation and learned that Poage had been fired in October of 2021 for allegedly perpetrating similar frauds against other victims. After a several-month investigation, Poage was just arrested on November 23rd and charged with “fraud — swindle — obtain property under $20k,” and “larceny, grand theft greater than $750 but less than $5,000.”
Poage, who lives in the 200 block of Via D Este in Delray Beach, was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail and later released on $6,000 bond. The investigation into his alleged actions continues. It was not immediately clear if the child of the victims actually did make the “state” team, or if that was part of the ruse.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Air Traffic Slowed Along Eastern Seaboard, Balloon To Be Shot Down
- TRIAL SET IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH CASE, MAGISTRATE BLASTS HOA ATTORNEYS
- Shooting In Boca Reserve Not Criminal, According To Police
- Boca Raton Woman Faces Six Years In Federal Prison On Illegal Boating Indictment
- Boca Raton Man, On Moped, Killed In Crash
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Neglect After Toddler Abused, Images Uploaded
- Boca Raton Man Tries To Avoid, But Kills, Hollywood Man Illegally Crossing Street