Homeowners From Suburban Philly Say D&B Interior’s Work Is Incomplete. Won’t Pay Balance. D&B Filed Lien.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A suburban Philadelphia couple that owns a home in Boca Raton’s “Lotus” development is suing a local design firm, claiming that work is incomplete and materials are being withheld — even though the firm has already been paid more than $100,000. The interior design firm says it’s not true and filed a lien on the homeowners.
The lawsuit, just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, pits Dawn and Martin Jacobson of Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, against D&B Interiors which operates from Clint Moore Road in Boca Raton. In the filing, the Jacobsons admit to entering into a verbal — and not written — contract with D&B, but say D&B defaulted regardless of how the contract was executed. The Jacobsons say they were managing the project from Pennsylvania and trusted the D&B was doing what was expected.
“D&B’s performance was consistently delayed and the work performed at the Project is defective, does not conform to industry standards, and was not performed in a good and workmanlike manner.”
According to the suit, D&B is withholding a $6900 sofa and a Wi-Fi hub.
“To date, the Jacobsons have paid D&B at least $105,562.41 for services provided under the Oral Contract. $6,890.00 of this amount reflects the Jacobsons’ payment to D&B, in full, for a sofa that was never delivered and $300.00 reflects full payment for a Wi-Fi hub that was never delivered.”
D&B Interiors, however, says the claims aren’t true — or at the very least are not accurate. The company filed a more than $25,000 lien on the Lotus property. Read the complete filing, below. The Jacobsons are represented by the Law Firm of Foreman Friedman in Miami.LIEN-LOTUS
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Air Traffic Slowed Along Eastern Seaboard, Balloon To Be Shot Down
- TRIAL SET IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH CASE, MAGISTRATE BLASTS HOA ATTORNEYS
- Shooting In Boca Reserve Not Criminal, According To Police
- Boca Raton Woman Faces Six Years In Federal Prison On Illegal Boating Indictment
- Boca Raton Man, On Moped, Killed In Crash
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Neglect After Toddler Abused, Images Uploaded
- Boca Raton Man Tries To Avoid, But Kills, Hollywood Man Illegally Crossing Street