BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
UPDATE: December 24, 2022: Someone claiming to represent the HOA says that Mr. Arno died which seems like a reasonable excuse for not paying HOA dues. It was not immediately clear who has possession of the property at this point.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Nothing says Happy Holidays like a foreclosure lawsuit filed by your Homeowners Association. That’s the gift an attorney for Whisper Walk in West Boca Raton is bestowing upon a homeowner who is apparently behind on mandatory payments by roughly $5,000.
According to a suit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, Leslie Arno owes $5,287.24 plus attorney fees and interest. He allegedly has not paid the mandatory HOA maintenance fees since January 1st. He received a final notice to pay on August 5th but, according to the suit, has made no payment. The mandatory fee from January 1st through July 1st totaled $4170.
The lawsuit, filed by attorneys for Kaye, Bender and Rembaum in Pompano Beach, seeks immediate payment. Absent of funds, the law firm states a lien will be filed on the property at 8068 Sweetbriar Way. As we’ve reported multiple times — and often not appreciated by those moving to South Florida — HOA’s have extreme authority to impose mandatory assessments and fees. If those assessments or fees are not paid, liens may be filed or foreclosure proceedings initiated.
The home in question was purchased in February of 2020 by Leslie Arno for $207,500.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Major Crash: Yamato and Military Trail In Boca Raton
- Palm Beach County Doctor Pleads Guilty To Battery
- FAU Owl, Cheerleaders Ring NYSE Bell
- Complete Closure Of Glades Road and I-95 Set For Entire Weekend
- Valencia Bay Homeowner Sues G.L. Homes For Unsafe Garage
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Crash On I-95 Slowing Traffic In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Allegedly Drives On Sidewalk Near Super 8 Motel, Arrested
- GUNFIRE LEADS TO MURDER ON MILITARY TRAIL
- Girl Hits Wall Driving Go-Kart At Boomers Boca, Parent Sues For $50,000