GLADES ROAD WILL BE CLOSED ALL WEEKEND. DIVERGING DIAMOND OPENS MONDAY.
BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2023 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Glades Road at I-95 will be closed all weekend long, starting around 11 p.m. Friday. To be clear, this isn’t just an overnight closure. All traffic will be stopped before the I-95 entrance ramps both eastbound and westbound. The complete closure is needed as Florida Department of Transportation finishes last-minute work for the Diverging Diamond that opens on Monday.
If you’re at Boca Raton’s Town Center Mall and want to enter I-95, you will not be able to from Glades Road. Want to access FAU from west of I-95? Not this weekend, at least not on Glades Road. If you are east of I-95 and want to go to the mall, the same rules apply. You will not be able to cross I-95 on Glades Road. It will be completely closed.
- I-95 Southbound Entrance Ramp from Eastbound Glades Road – Motorists will be detoured via Butts Road, Town Center Road, SR-809/Military Trail and Palmetto Park Road.
- I-95 Southbound Entrance Ramp from Westbound Glades Road – Motorists will be detoured via Airport Road and SR-794/Yamato Road.
- I-95 Northbound Entrance Ramp from Eastbound Glades Road – Motorists will be detoured via Butts Road, SR-809/Military Trail and SR-794/Yamato Road.
- I-95 Northbound Entrance Ramp from Westbound Glades Road – Motorists will be detoured via Airport Road and SR-794/Yamato Road
- I-95 Southbound Exit Ramp to Glades Road – Motorists will be detoured via SR-9/I-95 southbound and Palmetto Park Road. SR-808/Glades Road east traffic will travel north on SR-5/Federal Highway. SR-808/Glades Road west traffic will travel north on SR-809/Military Trail and Butts Road.
- I-95 Northbound Exit Ramp to Glades Road – Motorists will be detoured via SR-9/I-95 northbound and SR-794/Yamato Road. SR-808/Glades Road east traffic will travel south on US-1/N. Federal Highway and SR-808/Glades Road west traffic will travel south on SR-809/Military Trail and Butts Road.
- Westbound Glades Road at I-95 – Motorists will be detoured via Airport Road, Spanish River Boulevard, SR-809/Military Trail, and Butts Road.
- Eastbound Glades Road at I-95 – Motorists will be detoured via Butts Road, Town Center Road, SR-809/Military Trail, Palmetto Park Road, and SR-5/N. Federal Highway.
The Diverging Diamond is a new traffic pattern that is years in the making. It should alleviate heavy traffic conditions on Glades and I-95, while making entering and exiting the Interstate easier. Listen to Andrew Colton’s interview with an FDOT engineer as it aired live during South Florida’s First News with Andrew Colton on NewsRadio 610 WIOD. Read more about the Diverging Diamond here.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Major Crash: Yamato and Military Trail In Boca Raton
- Palm Beach County Doctor Pleads Guilty To Battery
- FAU Owl, Cheerleaders Ring NYSE Bell
- Complete Closure Of Glades Road and I-95 Set For Entire Weekend
- Valencia Bay Homeowner Sues G.L. Homes For Unsafe Garage
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Crash On I-95 Slowing Traffic In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Allegedly Drives On Sidewalk Near Super 8 Motel, Arrested
- GUNFIRE LEADS TO MURDER ON MILITARY TRAIL
- Girl Hits Wall Driving Go-Kart At Boomers Boca, Parent Sues For $50,000