Second Closure In 24 Hours Follows Body Found On Highway.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2023 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Less than 24 hours after it was shut for a fatal crash, I-95 will again be shut in the Delray Beach/Boca Raton area overnight for roadwork.
The Florida Department of Transportation is warning all motorists that all southbound lanes will be closed in the area of Linton Blvd. for overhead sign installation. It’s all part of the continued expansion and enhancement project that’s been ongoing for more than a year.
The Sunday Night/Monday Morning closure will lead to detours that route traffic through Delray Beach and Boca Raton, re-entering I-95 south of the roadwork. This is the official statement from FDOT:
“I-95 southbound lanes at Linton Boulevard will be closed to traffic overnight Monday night, Feb. 13 for overhead sign structure installation. The first lane will close at 9 p.m., the second lane will close at 10 p.m., and all lanes will be closed by 11 p.m., reopening by 5 a.m. Traffic will be detoured via the I-95 southbound exit ramp to Linton Boulevard, Congress Avenue and Peninsula Corp Drive. FHP will be on site to assist motorists. Tuesday, Feb. 14 through Thursday, Feb. 16 will be used as contingency nights if needed.”
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Major Crash: Yamato and Military Trail In Boca Raton
- Palm Beach County Doctor Pleads Guilty To Battery
- FAU Owl, Cheerleaders Ring NYSE Bell
- Complete Closure Of Glades Road and I-95 Set For Entire Weekend
- Valencia Bay Homeowner Sues G.L. Homes For Unsafe Garage
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Crash On I-95 Slowing Traffic In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Allegedly Drives On Sidewalk Near Super 8 Motel, Arrested
- GUNFIRE LEADS TO MURDER ON MILITARY TRAIL
- Girl Hits Wall Driving Go-Kart At Boomers Boca, Parent Sues For $50,000