Will Pay Nearly $200K To Landlord To Remain In Jog Road Location.
BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2023 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Way Beyond Bagels, which was facing eviction from its location at 16850 Jog Road in Delray Beach, will remain. For now.
The restaurant owed a significant amount of money to its landlord — SCC Addison Place — and was refusing to pay, according to a lawsuit filed late last year. The lawsuit sought permission to evict Way Beyond Bagels, and potentially the ability use the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office to effectuate the eviction.
But settlement talks between Way Beyond and SCC led to an apparent agreement, although the terms appear to reveal the dire financial situation of the longtime deli. Under the terms, Way Beyond will pay SCC $198,863 by the end of March. Included in that payment is a partial contribution to pay for needed Biohazard Cleanup and Remediation. The work includes “Biohazardous waste removal tailored disinfection protocol, sanitization, and expert level remediation.” The restaurant will be closed for several days while this takes place.
Way Beyond Bagels, according to the agreement, agrees that SCC Addison can terminate the lease and take possession of the property if it again defaults on payment. Read the complete settlement, below.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TROPICAL DEPRESSION FORMS: In Gulf of Mexico, West Of Florida
- Seven Bridges Delray Beach Resident Arrested In West Palm Beach
- NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER: System In Gulf Is Developing
- Valencia Isles Sues Homeowner, Renter Over “Outrageous Behavior”
- National Hurricane Center Still Watching System In Gulf
- A Predator Just Moved To A New Neighborhood, PBSO Wants You To Know Where
- STRANGULATION ARREST: Delray Beach Man Fights With Wife Over Lunchbox
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System In Gulf, Florida In Extended Forecast
- WHERE IS HALEY? Broward Detectives Looking For Missing 15-Year-Old Girl