BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2023 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Boca Raton resident Julie Livshits is in the Palm Beach County Jail Saturday, accused of violating a “no contact” order at least three times over the past several days.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says Livshits texted the person who obtained the order, then had a family member call him to share information on her behalf. Both are violations of the order that PBSO says is in effect.
“This has gone way too far and we both need to stop,” wrote Livshits in a text to the alleged victim. “I am not spending money on lawyers that should go to the kids. This rage from both sides is toward each other…”
Following that text message, Livshits is accused of having a family member call the person who obtained the protection order and leaving a message in Russian, stating that if he drops the protection order, she will leave him alone for “one month.”
Subjects of protection orders in Florida do not get to choose how long they will stay away from the person who obtained the order. The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office arrested Livshits on April 2nd. She remains locked up as of mid-day Saturday, April 8th. She now faces three counts of “contempt of court – violate an injunction (against) protection (from) domestic violence.”
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TROPICAL DEPRESSION FORMS: In Gulf of Mexico, West Of Florida
- Seven Bridges Delray Beach Resident Arrested In West Palm Beach
- NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER: System In Gulf Is Developing
- Valencia Isles Sues Homeowner, Renter Over “Outrageous Behavior”
- National Hurricane Center Still Watching System In Gulf
- A Predator Just Moved To A New Neighborhood, PBSO Wants You To Know Where
- STRANGULATION ARREST: Delray Beach Man Fights With Wife Over Lunchbox
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System In Gulf, Florida In Extended Forecast
- WHERE IS HALEY? Broward Detectives Looking For Missing 15-Year-Old Girl