South Florida Man Chokes On Roach, Dies

Edward Archibold

Edward Archibold seen in a booking photo, unrelated to his death eating cock roaches.

DEERFIELD BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We told you several weeks ago that 32 year old Edward Archibold died in front of horrified spectators at a reptile store while eating cock roaches as part of a contest.

The Broward County Medical Examiner today ruled that Archibold died from choking on one of the bugs.

According to the Broward Sheriff's Office:

The Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office has concluded that the winner of a roach-eating contest died from asphyxia. The death has been ruled an accident.

Edward Archbold, 32, participated in the October 5 contest at the Ben Siegel Reptile Store in Deerfield Beach where the grand prize was a Python.

Several contestants signed up to eat a variety of insects. Shortly after the contest was over, Archbold wasn’t feeling well and began to regurgitate after consuming dozens of roaches and worms. He later collapsed a few stores down from the reptile store. Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue responded to the scene and transported Archbold to Broward Health North, where he was later pronounced dead.

None of the other contestants presented any medical issues after the contest.

 

----------------

BocaNewsNow.com is the leading site for news and information based in Boca Raton, Florida. We have surpassed 2.5-million page views.


We remind readers that an arrest is an accusation. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law. Please email us at news(at)bocanewsnow.com if the facts of a news story involving you have changed. This is not a mugshot website. While under no obligation to do so, we will effort to update arrest reports when provided with official information by the arrestee.

Note that ip addresses are logged and may be shared with law enforcement in unique situations.


For advertising information or to submit news tips, please email news(at)BocaNewsNow.com. BocaNewsNow(TM) is a Trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. The name may not be used without written permission.


Share

  1 comment for “South Florida Man Chokes On Roach, Dies

  1. Ftlaudrn
    December 3, 2012 11:21 pm at 11:21 PM

    Darwin Award winner for the month..

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *