DEERFIELD BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We told you several weeks ago that 32 year old Edward Archibold died in front of horrified spectators at a reptile store while eating cock roaches as part of a contest.
The Broward County Medical Examiner today ruled that Archibold died from choking on one of the bugs.
According to the Broward Sheriff's Office:
The Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office has concluded that the winner of a roach-eating contest died from asphyxia. The death has been ruled an accident.
Edward Archbold, 32, participated in the October 5 contest at the Ben Siegel Reptile Store in Deerfield Beach where the grand prize was a Python.
Several contestants signed up to eat a variety of insects. Shortly after the contest was over, Archbold wasn’t feeling well and began to regurgitate after consuming dozens of roaches and worms. He later collapsed a few stores down from the reptile store. Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue responded to the scene and transported Archbold to Broward Health North, where he was later pronounced dead.
None of the other contestants presented any medical issues after the contest.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud
- Delray Beach, Boca Raton Real Estate Prices Soar, Inventory Drops
- No School Friday, Palm Beach County Schools To Close For Students
- Delray Beach Woman Facing Fraud, Drug Charges