DEERFIELD BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We told you several weeks ago that 32 year old Edward Archibold died in front of horrified spectators at a reptile store while eating cock roaches as part of a contest.
The Broward County Medical Examiner today ruled that Archibold died from choking on one of the bugs.
According to the Broward Sheriff's Office:
The Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office has concluded that the winner of a roach-eating contest died from asphyxia. The death has been ruled an accident.
Edward Archbold, 32, participated in the October 5 contest at the Ben Siegel Reptile Store in Deerfield Beach where the grand prize was a Python.
Several contestants signed up to eat a variety of insects. Shortly after the contest was over, Archbold wasn’t feeling well and began to regurgitate after consuming dozens of roaches and worms. He later collapsed a few stores down from the reptile store. Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue responded to the scene and transported Archbold to Broward Health North, where he was later pronounced dead.
None of the other contestants presented any medical issues after the contest.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School
- Boca Raton Man Claims 800-Pack-Rat Sold His Stuff When Credit Card Expired
- Florida Teachers Slam DeSantis, Call On Him To Listen To Medical Professionals
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County Reinstates Mandatory Masking In Public Buildings
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog